Type A Polyropylene male thread rubber hose fitting camlock coupling
Polypropylene cam and groove Coupling are made according to standard A-A-59326(original standard Mil-C-27487), size from 1/2″ to 4″. Black Polypropylene Camlock fitting s are made from polypropylene reinforced with 25%-30%acid-resistant fibreglass.It has excellent tolerance to most corrosive acids, bases, fertilizers, solvents and wastewater, so it is widely used in inhalation / discharge hoses for agricultural or industrial applications.
body materials: Polypropylene
handle: stainless steel
Gaskets:Buna-N (NBR), EPDM
The thread of camlock fittings are BSP,BSPT,NPT
pressure :50-100 Psi( depending on size and temperature)
Operating temperature :-30-70°C (160°F)
When the temperature rises, the working pressure drops
Manufacture method:Injection molding
The use and connection way of cam and groove couplings: Type A camlock can usually be used with type D, type C, type B, type DC (Dust Cap) of the same size. To make a connection, simply slide the camlock adapter into the camlock coupling and with normal hand pressure, press the cam levers down.
Demension of PP camlock coupling
|1/2″ – 2-1/2″
|3″ – 4″
economy is cheap
good chemical resistance
disconnect/connect without tools
Camlock fitting industry applications:
industries: chemical, paint, agriculture, municipal, sewage
applications: chemicals, solvents, varnishes, inks, fertilizers, wastewater
We are experienced as we have been in this industry as a manufacturer for more than 10 years. Both of quality and service are highly guaranteed. Absolutely prompt delivery. We can produce according to specific drawings from customers. Welcome OEM/ODM project. Strict control on quality. High efficient and well trained sale service team. ISO9001, CE and SGS certified.
1.Q: Are you a producer or trading company?
A: We are an experienced manufacturer. We own production line and kinds of machines.
2. Can you make our specific logo on the part?
Yes please provide me your logo and we will make your logo on the part.
3. Can you manufacture products according to my drawings?
Yes we can manufacturer according to client’s drawings if drawings or samples are available. We are experienced enough to make new tools.
4. Q: Can I get some samples?
A: We are honored to offer you our samples. Normally it is for free like 3-5 pcs. It is charged if the samples are more than 5 pcs. Clients bear the freight cost.
5. Q: How many days do you need to finish an order?
A: Normally it takes about 30 days to finish the order. It takes more time around CHINAMFG season, or if the order involves many kinds of different products.
6. what kind of rubber washer do you apply to camlock couplings?
Normally we use NBR gasket.
Recent Advancements in Rubber Coupling Technology
In recent years, rubber coupling technology has seen several advancements aimed at improving performance, durability, and overall efficiency:
- Enhanced Rubber Compounds: Development of advanced rubber compounds with improved resistance to wear, heat, chemicals, and environmental conditions.
- Advanced Manufacturing Techniques: Utilization of innovative manufacturing processes like injection molding and vulcanization to create couplings with consistent quality and higher precision.
- Improved Design: Integration of advanced design techniques and computer simulations to optimize the shape and characteristics of rubber elements, resulting in enhanced flexibility and damping properties.
- Customization: Increasing focus on offering customizable rubber couplings to meet specific application requirements and environmental conditions.
- Smart Couplings: Incorporation of sensors and monitoring systems into rubber couplings, allowing real-time tracking of coupling performance and condition.
These advancements have led to rubber couplings that offer better torque transmission, improved vibration isolation, longer service life, and reduced maintenance needs.
Comparison of Rubber Couplings with Other Flexible Coupling Types
Rubber couplings, elastomeric couplings, and disc couplings are all flexible coupling options used in various mechanical systems. Here’s a comparison of rubber couplings with these alternatives:
- Transmit torque while damping vibrations through the flexibility of rubber elements.
- Provide good misalignment compensation and shock absorption.
- Relatively simple construction and cost-effective.
- Effective in reducing noise and vibration in applications.
- Suitable for moderate to high torque applications with moderate misalignment.
- Similar to rubber couplings, utilize elastomeric materials for flexibility and vibration damping.
- Offer higher torque capacity and stiffness compared to rubber couplings.
- Provide better misalignment compensation and torsional stiffness.
- Wider range of sizes and configurations for various applications.
- Commonly used in pumps, compressors, and other machinery.
- Use a series of metal discs to transmit torque and accommodate misalignment.
- Offer high torsional stiffness and accuracy in torque transmission.
- Can handle higher speeds and torque compared to rubber or elastomeric couplings.
- Require precision in manufacturing and installation.
- Used in applications requiring high precision and minimal backlash.
When choosing between these flexible coupling types, considerations such as torque requirements, misalignment compensation, torsional stiffness, and application-specific needs play a significant role in making the appropriate selection. Each type has its advantages and limitations, making it important to assess the specific requirements of the machinery system.
Factors to Consider When Selecting a Rubber Coupling
Choosing the right rubber coupling for a specific application involves considering various factors:
1. Torque Requirements: Evaluate the torque that needs to be transmitted between the input and output shafts. Select a coupling with a rubber element that can handle the required torque without exceeding its limits.
2. Misalignment Compensation: Determine the degree of misalignment (angular, axial, and radial) present in the system. Choose a rubber coupling with appropriate flexibility to accommodate the expected misalignment while maintaining efficient torque transmission.
3. Vibration Damping: Assess the level of vibrations and shocks in the application. Opt for a rubber coupling with effective vibration-damping properties to protect the machinery and enhance its reliability.
4. Service Environment: Consider the operating conditions, including temperature, humidity, exposure to chemicals, and potential contaminants. Select a rubber material that can withstand the environment without deteriorating.
5. Shaft Sizes: Ensure that the coupling’s bore sizes match the shaft diameters of the connected equipment. Proper shaft fitment is crucial for efficient torque transmission.
6. Maintenance Requirements: Evaluate the maintenance practices of the system. Some rubber couplings may require periodic inspection and replacement due to wear over time.
7. Cost and Budget: Factor in the budget constraints while choosing a suitable rubber coupling. Balancing performance and cost is essential for an optimal solution.
8. Application Type: Different industries and applications have unique requirements. Choose a coupling type (spider, jaw, tire, etc.) based on the specific needs of the application.
By carefully considering these factors, you can select a rubber coupling that provides efficient torque transmission, vibration isolation, and durability in your mechanical system.
editor by CX 2023-09-28